Thank you for your interest in GEM! As of March 1, 2017, GEM made the decision to pivot its business model in order to better serve a larger number of entrepreneurs in the Goleta area. In so doing, the GEM co-working facility located in Old Town Goleta was closed.
In summer 2017, GEM will reemerge with a virtual presence, launching a model that provides a wide variety of startup support resources, without a physical location. Specific resources will include:
- The G2 Summer Launchpad for Startups (formerly the G2 Summer Accelerator)
- Rent scholarships for startups accepted into “The Garage” incubator at UCSB
- New business toolkit and City of Goleta business launch program
- Professional services referral network
- Mentorship / advisor network referrals
- Angel investor network referrals
- Programs to more actively engage existing businesses in our community, for mentoring, possible co-location, and potential business development
- Community events geared toward startups and established local businesses
- Active social media campaigns to ensure wide-spread communication about events in the local entrepreneurial ecosystem
Please check back soon to get an update on the projected relaunch of GEM. In the meantime, if you have interest in applying for the G2 Summer Launchpad for Startups, please click here.
The GEM Board of Directors